- About DC Prep
- Our Program
- Our Schools
- Get Involved
DC Prep is the #1-performing network of public charter schools citywide for eight years running! We set high expectations in a warm and nurturing environment, resulting in a community of learners, teachers, and families.
• Student learning is at the heart of all we do. We have a highly structured and highly supportive learning environment, including a longer school day and focused academic intervention.
• We believe in the power and joy of learning and that all students can excel.
• We emphasize healthy social development and foster a positive learning environment where students are supported to develop strong study habits and a voice - demonstrating the personal qualities of successful students and good citizens.
• We build a strong and supportive school culture.
• We foster shared expectations and aspirations between home and school. Frequent informal and formal communication with families, including regular phone contact, quarterly conferences, etc., build trust and parent/teacher teamwork to achieve the best outcome for every student.
DC Prep will be shifting its model for SY20-21 in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, and in accordance with guidance from city and health officials. However, our twin focus on providing high-quality academics and social-emotional development will remain the same across our six campuses.
DC Prep's flagship campus, Edgewood Middle Campus (EMC), also recently partnered with DC School Reform Now to demonstrate a typical day at our middle campuses. EMC has consistently received a Tier 1 ranking from the DC Public Charter School Board, and was named an OSSE ALL-STAR School. The teaser trailer is below, click here to see the full series!