- About DC Prep
- Our Program
- Our Schools
- Get Involved
DC Prep is the #1-performing network of public charter schools citywide for eight years running! We set high expectations in a warm and nurturing environment, resulting in a community of learners, teachers, and families.
• Student learning is at the heart of all we do. We have a highly structured and highly supportive learning environment, including a longer school day and focused academic intervention.
• We believe in the power and joy of learning and that all students can excel.
• We emphasize healthy social development and foster a positive learning environment where students are supported to develop strong study habits and a voice - demonstrating the personal qualities of successful students and good citizens.
• We build a strong and supportive school culture.
• We foster shared expectations and aspirations between home and school. Frequent informal and formal communication with families, including regular phone contact, quarterly conferences, etc., build trust and parent/teacher teamwork to achieve the best outcome for every student.
DC Prep's Benning Elementary Campus (BEC), a 2016 DC PCSB Tier 1 School, partnered with DC School Reform Now in its Virtual School Tours initiative designed to give families just like yours the ability to compare high-performing schools virtually. The BEC video series consists of footage showcasing a typical day in the campus community. Get to glimpse into a typical 3rd grade Math lesson in the video below - and stay tuned for other featured videos!